Rebbe Sicha – 5751
1` The Medrash relates, why does God interrupt the story of Josef with the story of Yehuda – for while Jacob was crying, and Egypt was buying Josef, God was sowing the light for the Moshiach.
2. Yosef comes from the word adding – the goal is to add, that even those distant, should become God’s child.
3. Moshiach comes from Peretz – the verse states, “mah paratztah eleicha peretz – peretz means to break boundaries – not only the bounds of kelipah / the world, but even one’s own spiritual bounds – to the extent that the person (Moshiach person) who constantly goes beyond themselves (tomorrow better than today…) is called Peretz.
4. Yosef, unlike his brothers who were shepherds, a necessary trade for mystics (so they could be contemplative) not only went to Egypt, but manages to influence them, as we see, he had them all make a bris – so the story of Yehuda, is to enable Yosef.
5. Yosef represents Moshiach task, namely to make even the most distant person into God’s child – this was the task of the Jewish people who traversed the globe, bringing the Divine light.
6. All the negative, that occurs is to lead us to an infinitely greater redemption.
7. This is all especially emphasized by the Yosef of our generation, the Previous Rebbe, who a. was into bringing Jewish closer and b. moved to America (similar to Josef.)
Rebbe – Sicha Vayeishev 5752
1. We are constantly promoting that Moshiach is about to come – some wonder how do we know this?
2. One of the fundamental reasons why the Jews have been spread internationally, is as our sages say, “to collect the sparks” – the main idea behind this is, wherever Jews have settled, they have elevated that locale by using the customs, thought patterns, behavior of that place for good – this is ever more present, when they use their initiative, to not only receive Torah from afar, but build houses of worship, and the locale becomes a source for Divinity.
3. Obviously this situation – namely, Jews settling everywhere, was most present in this generation (following the holocaust,) hence we see how everything for the coming of Moshiach has been set.
4. We know Judaism / Torah always has general and details – the verse (in last week’s Haftorah says) “This exile beginning in France – And saviors will rise on Mount Zion and the world will be Gods.” – what difference does it make about France? – it is obvious that the elevation of France, represents the true reason of exile.
5. It is known, that the Alter Rebbe opposed that Napoleon should win – the reason for this, (though seemingly it would have been financially and emotionally better for the Jews) was because Napoleon was the worst kelipah (evil,) for though his revolution – which had a major impact on the world ’s worldview – was based on the notion, that people are free (hence the notion of democracy – that the people should decide… ) nonetheless, as the revolution ignored God (and hence morality) as the Alter Rebbe predicted – what would occur (which we see in the places Democracy took hold) was that there would be a great spiritual decline (this is not to say, that dictatorship is good, rather democracy and ideology must be consistent with the truth, that God has given all people rules and wisdom, which only through it (like the Judeo ethic) does man become better, not worse.)
6. We see this transformation of France abundantly, that though the Alter Rebbe opposed it, yet the Previous Rebbe sent family (the Rebbe – the greatest sage who lived in France for a number of years) and after the war, many Jews – great Rabbis came, and established it, not only as a center of Torah study, but one from where Torah publications are disseminated!
7. Though generally speaking, the Lubavitcher Rebbes did not leave Russia, only from the time of the Rebbe Maharash did trips abroad begin – and even then, they would return to Russia – however the Previous Rebbe actively, not only traveled to France a number of times, furthermore he thrice relocated – 10 years he was in Russia, 10 years in Poland, and ten years in America – adapting in each location to the mentality, in order to be able to penetrate the locale, with Judaism and Chassidus.
8. Hence the transformation of France of a locale of Torah, represents the messianic ideal, namely, that we both have a. a location which on its own is distant, b. And secondly in that location itself, the essence of God descends.
9. Hence with the transformation of France – which the word in Hebrew for France is Tzorfas – which comes from refining – the subsequent power to refine the world is there.
10. In point of fact, we find an extraordinary reality, that the revolutionary march, which became the national anthem of France – after it was sung in 770 by the Rebbe, it became a phenomenon that the French (for a number of years) changed their national anthem! and Elder Chassidim explain, that as the angel supervising France saw that the song was transferred to a holy location, it felt that it was inappropriate to have it as the French National anthem.
11 One may wonder, why are we mentioning this now? The answer is, because firstly it is appropriate to thank God for the miracles He does, especially in this month, where we have Chanukah! and furthermore, we know that God wanted to make Chizkiyahu Moshiach, however the negative side complained, that he received such great miracles and he wasn’t grateful.
12 The lesson is, we must relate the miracles, especially personal miracles that God does for us – additionally, we must celebrate Farbrengens on Yud Tes Kislev, and adequately prepare for Chanuka.
13 In particular, we have in this gathering Jews that are busy building Torah institutions and publishing Torah books in France, so they should say Lichaim and in this way bring life to all Jews.
14 And the main thing is, that we should have the complete and final redemption NOW!
Rebbe Sicha – Yud Tes Kislev 5752
1. When The Alter Rebbe was redeemed, he said, “Pada Bishalom – My soul was redeemed in peace.”
There are a number of explanations – one is it refers to the redemption of King David who even his enemies were praying for him.
This also alludes – as the Mitteleh Rebbe teaches – mainly to the peace that will come in the times of Moshiach.
It also refers, as it says, one who does good and prays with a Minyan, it as if they have redeemed me – which in fact also includes whenever ten Jews study Torah, for then the shechina (Divine presence) is among them and together they go to redemption.
2. The redemption of Yud Tes Kislev corelates to the redemption of King David and Moshiach, for as we know, the spreading of Chassidus hastens his coming.
In fact, the spreading of the knowledge of God (Chassidus) is the foretaste of when the world will be flooded within Divine knowledge (and hence as this wisdom increases, hence also how close we are.)
3. Yechida, the essence of our soul, is the essence of Moshiach, for as we know, His soul is the general soul – Yechida Haklalis.
4. We are standing in the time when anything that can possibly prevent Moshiach’s coming, has already ended.
5. God will grant those participating in communal prayer, all of their desired wishes.
6. We must add in our Torah and prayer, especially in our giving of charity, all this hastening the coming of Moshiach.
7. This is especially, since we are literally in the times of Moshiach, we are with Moshiach – all that is necessary, is a single moment, that will transform us to live forever in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.