- When the study of Torah is for the sake of arriving at truth – then God is there.
- There are three types of fights / Galus (exiles)
a. There is the exile of the Jews under gentiles (which eventually this shifts.)
b. There is the exile of the sages who are humiliated by the ignorant – who claim they are the truth – this too shall shift.
c. There is the exile of the righteous altruistic sages, from the narcissistic ones (who cannot handle the honor, respect, and dignity of the righteous ones.)
The Baal Shem Tov shared – there was a great Tzaddik who lived in the land of Ashkenaz and predicted toward the end of his life that he would pass in a bad murder…
The reason being, is, that he was the head of the Sanhedrin, in the time of the prophet Zecharyiah, and he was the first to slap the prophet, calling him an “ignoramus” – while of-course in actual fact his Torah was biased – this gave the gall to the average (lay) people to kill him – he said that he had been reincarnated a hundred times – each time passing in a bad way – but this time his sin was atoned for.
He instructed on his tombstone to be written “Here is Buried The One Who Killed The Prophet Zecharyaiah.”
- It is known the Medrash that God caused that Billam was a great prophet like Moses (so gentiles couldn’t complain, “had you sent us a great prophet, we too would have been good…”) but it is known, that prophecy descends but on an individual, whose fives senses (sight, sound, taste, touch, smell) are Holy – but Billam was evil – so what did God do? He poisoned him, and one of his eyes went blind (so because of the holiness of this one eye – Godliness could on him rest.)
- The ultimate goal of fear of God is that it should be in an inward way – our inside should be Yisroel (fear of God) our outer Yaakov.
- If you know(!)
- All Din (negativity) is caused by the fact that malchus (feminine energy) is lacking her partner (feeling neglected, abandoned etc.) hence as we find in the story of Nachum Ish Gam Zu, that when he said that “this too is good” – he evoked the love, transforming negative to positive.
- All the troubles in the world occur when Malchus is not with her beloved, therefore the importance of uniting Havayeh and Adnay.
- All the wars and squabbles in this world is because malchus and her beloved are disconnected – when a person thinks about this, they will ensure to unite the two (in psychological terms, a person feeling unloved, needs to know they are loved.)
16 The Baal Shem Tov said to a person – “accept upon yourself that whatever God will send you, you will accept it with love – then you will have good in both this and the next world” – answered the person, “we need to pray to God that we should so be capable” answered the Baal Shem Tov, “True, True.”
Note 15 The Baal Shem Tov said – “Shevisi Hashem Linegdi Taamid” – comes from the words Hishtavus, when we accept all that God gives us, both the good or the bitter – everything I accept with joy.