- Even a sin as bad as the daughters of Loit… if a person’s intention is for God then it is a Mitzvah – however the question is how does one know.? – for this one must study much Torah and God will help the person discern.
- There is a tradition from the Baal Shem Tov to fast every Erev Rosh Chodesh until after the Moiled.
- On Rosh Chodesh Nisan – the Baal Shem Tov told the Maagid now is a time of prayer for on Rosh Chodesh Nisan, all the people (kings, ministers etc.) are appointed (so to determine who will be good for the Jews.)
- When a person sees there is negative (decree on him) before dawn one should study Torah with great concentration and desire to connect oneself to the infinite light (God) contained within the letters.
10. If a person sees evil in another, they should realize that God showed it to them so they should rectify – their own (and as the Rebbe says, because we have a self-love we only see our reflection – but not within ourselves.)