Breishis Bara 5738
The Torah could have begun from the first Mitzvah of sanctifying the Moon and making the calendar, because that Mitzvah represents the ultimate Union of the sun and the Moon, which is also the union of the infinite light and the finite light, which is the entire purpose of the Torah.
2. The entire purpose of Torah and Mitzvos is to draw down a new level of infinity into the finite.
3. When we are aware that the entire darkness is only that we should manifest the light, and we make an infinite resolution to do so, the ability to overcome our fear of criticism is realized.
4. The entire goal of the darkness is that we should be able to find God every single detail.
5. An example to this is like a father who hides, wishing that his son should find him.
6. Torah has promised: when you seek from the darkness you shall find.
7. We will transform the entire world into God’s dwelling!
8. Eventually in the coming of Moshiach, the entire world, together will serve God.
9. Every Motzai Shabbos / as in Saturday night, we say “and Yaakov went on his way” or “Fear not my servant Jacob” for when Jacob goes to do his work in the world, as he is certain that God will assist his mission, he goes fearlessly – and this is the mission at the conclusion of Simchas Torah.
10. And the reason for this confidence is because wherever a Jew goes, and whatever he does, whichever land it is, whatever day it is, God, His personal God, goes with him!
11. To the extent that a Jew creates, as a partner with God, a renewal in creation!
12. To the extent that he causes the complete Messianic Redemption!
Bayoim Hashmini 5741
Teshuva is even higher than Mitzvos
In Teshuva it is it soul that returns.
Mitzvos have the element of Teshuva in that they cause the fallen sparks to return.
The reason the soul comes to Earth – because technically above it is the level of a Tzaddik – is in order to do Teshuva.
The level of Teshuva is even higher than a Tzaddik.
Similarly the Sparks of Godliness elevate higher than they were – after their elevation.
One of the reasons Teshuva is so great, is because the person who feels far, has a greater yearning than the person who is already close.
Additionally the pleasure this causes to God from the novelty of the transformation is greater than the pleasure God gets from the service of Tzaddikim.
Additionally Teshuva operates in an extraordinary leap, from one person – who becomes an entirely new person.
Because the person has renewed, the world renews.
It is known that Teshuva is not only on sins, in fact even a Tzaddik can do Teshuva, Teshuva is the return of the soul to its father the king.
The very fact that the soul is below and not with her father above, already necessitates Teshuva – a new connection.
This of-course applies even to a Tzaddik which is the reason for his soul to come below.
Fact, when we do a Mitzvah and we reveal the Divinity in the Sparks of physicality, so this is a true recreation from darkness to light.
As Jewish souls are sourced within God, therefore they have this extraordinary power, to transform – which is as great as the reverse – darkness to light.
Shemini Ateres is the return of the energy that we elevated on Rosh Hashanah.
Shemini Atzeres gives us the power to go into the year, that everything that we interact with, can be elevated.
In the coming of Moshiach, it is not that evil will be humbled before good, but will become good.