Where there is a * this was a private answer so does not have a public validity (as when the Rebbe would answer individuals it, was specific for their situation.)
- Once the Rebbe told someone that if they have a bad dream – just laugh it off.
Once the Rebbe (I think Maharash) revealed himself to a Chossid in a dream – for the latter slept with a Gartel.
- If one merits to get a dream from the Previous Rebbe, depends if one went to sleep with a full belly or with Kirias Shema.
The reason God revealed Himself to Pharaoh in a dream (about the seven good and bad years) was because as this is how He communicated to Josef…
A dream is like exile in which opposing realities co-exist.
A dream represents the Divine service – which we must contain, namely both something (be a someone) and nothing (be a no-one) simultaneously.
The basic idea of a dream is, it is beyond logic.
One of the ideas behind dreams is they rectify letters.
In a dream there are minor prophecies.
One of the reasons opposites coincide, is as logic (in the dream state) has disappeared.
There have been people who received enlightenment (answers to questions etc.) in Torah.
The Tzaddik of Ruzin said (as a child) one queries not dreams.
A person said to the Rebbe, that though it states in the Talmud, that one dreams not of an elephant in the eye of a needle – nonetheless he did… – so the Rebbe said, it depends upon what during the day he was thinking.
At times, secrets of the Torah are revealed in dreams.
A dream represents lacking intelligence, pure instincts.
The concept of exile (where opposites coincide) is the idea of the dream – the interpretation of the dream, is exceedingly lofty.
There was once a person who passed on, that appeared to a relative in a dream – and they looked at his grave, and saw that he hadn’t been completely buried.
Because Yosef was such a great Tzaddik (though most dreams – even messages – contain some folly) his dreams were 100%. We find the same in Jacob’s dream.
- To an individual during dollars – dreams are usually not real – don’t worry.
- To an individual – there is a Halachic ruling, that they are foolish – check your Mezuzahs (regarding nightmares.)
- To an individual on a dream that was bothering him – check your Teffilin and mezuzah.
Dreams – containing opposing realities come from God – who likewise (contains infinity) and therefore contain a message.