1. Safety (in other words, we cannot function, unless we feel that we shan’t be harmed – often the issue is not what is ahead but rather behind – for example, if you get born by a dog you now fear dogs – how about if you were needlessly shamed… – the best way to overcome the past, is to realize, that all of life is actually a gift! – Some gifts feel good, other gifts ARE – in others words, as in order to appreciate life YOU must be humble, (not to mention normal – not spoiled etc.) Hence humiliation humbles.
2. Health – now we are sitting on more data than in all of human history and it points to the fundamentals 1. Eat healthy!! b. Love (this is, as the Holy Baal Shemtov taught: Fear No One Or Anything, Rather Love Everyone Infinitely (meaning, “just as you wish to never be judged and only loved”… – fear not only psychologically is painful, but physically unhealthy) 3. Excersize (walk at least half hour daily.)
3 Wealth – wealth is wonderful, as it allows you to do our favorite activity: to help – the key to wealth is really #1
4. Meaningful Purpose – Unlike narcissistic secularism, we can only be happy if we are a. Good (not cruel, rather ethical) b. Fulfilling the unique Soul mission, that our soul has.
5. Relationships – we are built to love, and you have to make sure that you have good relations, with as many people as possible – the goal in life is to add your circle of friends as much as possible – the man who dies with the most friends, is the richest in the world!!
Mamer Rebbe – Boruch Shasas – Chanukah
1. Bread wine and oil respectively refer to the revealed part of the Torah, the hidden, and highest, is oil – Chassidus.
2. The greatness of the infinity of God, is though it is infinitely greater than us – but as it is infinite – it can, not only come to us, but come to us in a normal way.
Mamer Alter Rebbe Chanukah
For every desire, there is below – good looks etc. – there is (for everything from below must come from above) a chamber (sort of like the source of this desire – the goal of a man is to transform (whereby when we realize that God never changed – even the physical matter is subsumed within – it is only to our perception…. – so the only reality is God, which creates a longing for him) so when we long for God (transforming otherwise animalistic passion to Divine) this is the purpose of life (this is like a sacrifice, that the physical fat (of the animal representing pleasure) goes into a heavenly aura.)
2. We know there are five levels to the soul: nefesh, ruach, neshamah, Chaya… nefesh is the level of the letters (for we use letters in the mind and in the organ of speach) ruach is the breath (the precursor of speech) neshema is the understanding of the idea, and chaya is the source of the idea which transcends understanding – this is also the source of the letters (for we don’t understand the essence of the letters – they sort of magically are accessible.)
Similarly, the Torah is comprised of letters but these letters are sourced in the essence of God – therefore the Torah in essence is infinitely beyond human understanding – however through our learning of it – as God is in it – we draw down to us God.
Now the Torah of course tells us to do Mitzvos, so the essence of the essence of Torah, is the Mitzvos – and the main Mitzvah is Tzeddakah, and the essence of Tzeddakah is to uplift (for a person who cannot help themselves feels low) and when we uplift below, this causes that God – for all that He does (as He owes us nothing) uplifts.
Our goal is that all of our assets – obviously our life – should be given to/for G-d.
But the main goal – the reason of all of creation – is that from the darkness – our distance should come light – for precisely when we realize how far we are, that is when we crave (and as all is run by desire, hence this actualizes.)