- The soul cries to God – as it descended from the highest heights of Divine consciousness, to the lowest depths – and not only has she lost her love and passion for God, but furthermore her body (animal-soul) have stolen her (heart,) and use, whatever emotions she has, for stupid, foolish, narcissistic pursuits – answers the prophet (Elisha) “Worry not, all you need to do, is study Torah and do Mitzvos! for the light of God from these lamps will shine and enlighten you – furthermore, once you realize you are an empty vessel… devoid of content, of any higher reality; this brokenheartedness will allow your innate Divine soul to shine!”
- Now the latter meditation – namely, “you realize you are an empty vessel devoid of content – of any higher reality; this brokenheartedness will allow your innate Divine soul to shine” – is even greater than the former (that Torah Study and Mitvos will bring Divine light) for when one creates Teshuvah – a desire for Godliness (which comes from the brokenheartedness) this means that one touches the essence of God (the darkness, higher than light – that can shine in any place.)
- In fact, this level (of manifesting Divinity through humility) draws down an even higher light (than through Torah and Mitzvos -as we know, the location of a Baal Teshuvah, is even greater than a complete Tzaddik.)
- One may ask, how can the infinite light of God descend onto the Jew (contained in such a tiny finite being) and the answer is, as the Jewish soul comes from God, therefore it contains – and can contain all.
- From above, all is given (to the Jew.)
- There are infinite dimensions to the Torah – so the Torah that was revealed – of-course, is on the lowest dimensions (so it can come to us – yet it contains – in potential – even the highest.)
- Similarly when it comes to Teshuvah (turning to God,) on a lower level, this may seem difficult; but because, our essence is one with God, it’s instantaneous.
- When God gave the Torah He sai,d “I am God your Lord,” in other words, through Teshuva He empowers, that He shall be your personal God (guide.)
- When Moshiach comes – our bodies will receive from God infinity, which will then in fact give to our souls.