1. And Yitzchok called Yaakov his son and blessed him, and commanded and told him: “Do not take a wife from the daughters of Kenaan.”
2. “Get up and go to Paden Aram, the house of Bisuel, the father of your mother, and take from there a wife from the daughters of Lavan, the brother of your sister.
3. And God the Protector, will bless you, and make your fruitful and multiplied, and you will be into a multitude of nations.
4. And he will give you the blessing of Avrohom, to you, and your descendants, to inherent the land of your sojourning, that God gave to Abraham.”
5. And Yitzchok sent Yaakov, and he went to Padan Aram to Lavan, the son of Besuel the Armenian, the sister of Rivka, the mother of Yaakov and Eisav.
6. And Eisav saw that Yitzchok blessed Yaakov and sent him to Paden Aram to acquire for him from there a wife when he blessed him and commanded him by saying, “Do not take a wife from the daughters of Kenaan.”
7. And Yaakov listened to Yaakov his father and to his mother, and he went to Padan Aram.
8. And Eisav saw that the daughters of Kenaan were evil in the opinion of Yitzchok his father.
9. And Eisav went to Yishmoel and he took Machlas the daughter of Yishmoel, the son of Avrohom, the sister of Nivayois, in addition to his wives, as a wife.
10. And Yaakov went out from Beer-Sheva and went towards Charan.
11 And he encountered in the place (Mount Moriah) and he went to sleep there, as night fell, and he took from the stones of the location, and he put them around his head, and he went to sleep in that place.
12 And he dreamt, and behold a ladder coming from the ground, and its head reaching heaven, and angels of God were going up and down on it.
13. And behold, God is over him and He said, “I am the God, the Lord of Avraham, your Father, and the Lord of Yitzchok; the land you are lying on, to you and your descendants I will give it.”
14 “And your children will be like the dust of the earth, and they will spread to the west, to the east, to the south, and to the north, and through you, will be blessed all the families of the earth, and your descendants.
15. And behold I am with you, and I will protect you in all that you go, and I will return you, to this land – for I will not abandon you, until I have done what I have just told you.”
16. And Yaakov woke up from his sleep and he said, but God is surely in this location, and I didn’t know.
17. And he was inspired and he said “How lofty is this location! – this location is but the house of God, and this is the gateway to heaven.”
18. And Yaakov woke up in the morning, and he took from the stone that he put around his head, and he put it as monument, and he poured on its head, oil.
19 And he called that location, Beis-Eil, but Luz was its original name.
20 And Yaakov made an oath saying: “If God will be with me, and protect me on this journey that I am going, and give me bread to eat, and clothing to wear.
21 And I will return in peace to the house of my father, and (Then) God will be for me as a Guide.
22. And this stone that I created as a monument, will be the House of God, and all that He will give to me, I will surely tithe (give 10% to charity.)