What do Jews believe?
- Everything is one
- Things only appear to be separate, but really there is only God
- God’s energy created many universes, ours is the lowest which conceals His Being, hence we only see physical things, though behind the physical is really God Himself
- All Jews are one, for their soul is essentially God and as God is one we are all one
- All people, even animals plants etc. (including Jews) are created for one purpose, namely each and every person and thing, has a mission to fulfill
- In order to know what your mission is, God revealed Judaism
- Judaism is the wisdom of the Torah transmitted from God to Mosses
- This was faithfully recorded – including its interpretation (called the oral law) transmitted century over century by the great students, Rabbis, their students etc. until it was written in a book called the Mishnah by Rabbi Yehudah Hanasi
- In every generation God sends a prophet at the level of Mosses
- This prophet, if we are fortunate to get to know him is capable of revealing God’s mission for their generation.
- In our generation this prophet was The Lubavitcher Rebbe
- The Lubavitcher Rebbe includes our generation, for as there has been no prophet following him, as we find by Shimshon (the prophet of his time) Judaism refers to him as the leader until the next prophet appeared.
- The Rebbe prepared that if we take Chassidic mentor as a Rav (spiritual adviser) whatever the spiritual mentor will say will be God’s advice for us.